Nursery (Acorns & Seedlings)
Welcome To Nursery!
Welcome To Kings Meadow Primary School Nursery!
Meet the Team
Class Teacher - Miss. Yates
Teaching Assistant - Mrs. Dutton
Teaching Assistant - Mrs. Lightfoot
Here at Kings Meadow Primary School Nursery, we are committed to providing a happy learning environment where your child can feel safe and secure to EXPLORE!
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum
We work from the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework which sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to five years old. All schools and Ofsted registered early years providers must follow the EYFS.
The four guiding principles
There are four guiding principles in the EYFS, we believe it is important that these principles are used when implementing the seven learning and development areas in the EYFS.
The principles are: -
- That every child is unique
- That every child can learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships
- That children learn and develop best in enabling environments
- That children develop and learn in different ways
For more information see PDF below.
Areas of learning and development
There are seven areas of learning and development. The areas are: -
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts & Design
The main components of each of the seven areas are: -
Personal, Social and Emotional experiences are about:
- Self-confidence & awareness
- Managing feelings and behaviour
- Making relationships
Physical Development experiences are about:
- Moving and handling
- Health and self-care
Communication and Language experiences are about:
- Listening and attention
Literacy experiences are about:
Mathematics experiences are about:
- Shapes, space and measures
Understanding the World experiences are about:
- People and communities
- The world
Expressive Arts & Design experiences are about:
- Exploring and using media and materials
- Being imaginative
Keep up to date with what's happening in our Early Years Department by following us on Instagram