The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum
We work from the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework which sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to five years old. All schools and Ofsted registered early years providers must follow the EYFS Framework.
The four guiding principles
There are four guiding principles in the EYFS, we believe it is important that these principles are used when implementing the seven learning and development areas in the EYFS.
The principles are: -
- That every child is unique
- That every child can learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships
- That children learn and develop best in enabling environments
- That children develop and learn in different ways
For more information see PDF below.
Areas of learning and development
- People and communities
- The world
Expressive Arts & Design experiences are about:
- Exploring and using media and materials
- Being imaginative